Do you have plenty of IT and database experience but want to get ahead? Need more challenges? Do you want to expand with a growing business, team and product?
We are looking for an MS SQL DB System Admin to join a growing team here in the City of Antipolo. The company is an Australian company that specializes in the automotive industry. This full time position has the potential to progress into a future CTO post and/or technical leadership at VP level.
How often do you get the chance to be part of a fast growing new product, part of an evolving team and an opportunity for a satisfying and productive future where you have real input? Are you ready to step up and out to create something big and become an integral catalyst in its growth?
The product is a cloud based data repository and suite of management tools for the automotive parts market with international links to leading global suppliers and data systems. You would be involved in building and maintaining a game-changing and unique solution where your input is valued.
If you've got the skills below and has been doing System Admin work for about 5 years now, then this job is for you!
Essential technical requirements for this position:
- Recognised and relevant tertiary qualification, degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience and expert knowledge of MS SQL 2008 R2
- Clear understanding of cloud and SaaS based applications using both ASP.NET and PHP environments
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS services and other cloud based systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects across different development units
- An understanding of business rules, processes and how they relate to technology and systems
- Good people skills with at least 2 years' experience in a team leadership or management role
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- MSSQL 2008 R2
- Database Tuning and Peformance
- Database Security
- Manage and supervise the core database and its interaction with program applications and users
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add and when to remove indexes
- When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Each week, give developers a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggest ways to improve performance on each
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc)
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Document the company's database environment
- Experience with data management and data processing3
We want the right attitude with a willingness to learn and grow... the rest will take care of itself.
Remuneration will depend on experience and skill set but will be highly competitive for the right person; we want quality people.
Make a difference! Join our team now!